Looking for interview question to ask for a project manager position?
There are many types of capabilities that a project manager requires. Not only high level planning, scheduling and organisational skills, but also the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with a variety of different stakeholders.
The following interview questions offer you some examples of what you might ask to help you as part of the assessment process …..
• Please describe your experience in project management
• What project management methodology are you most familiar with?
• What specific strategies do you use to monitor and control the status of a project?
• What methods do you use to manage project risk?
• When you are making resource allocation decisions, how do you judge the relative priority of competing demands within the project?
• Tell us about an occasion when a project you were leading was not meeting performance milestones – how exactly did you go about attempting to get the project back on track?
• What strategies do you use to help maintain staff motivation and build co-operative spirit in your project team?
• Tell us about a time when a project member made a mistake and how you handled the situation
• What planning and scheduling software do you prefer to use and why?
• Tell us about a time when you had to address a project team member with a concern you had about their performance – how exactly did you handle the discussion and what was the outcome?
• How do you handle attempts at “scope creep” by clients?
• Tell us about a demanding client you have had to handle – how exactly did you manage their expectations?
• What strategies do you use to build positive relationships with your clients?
• Give us an example of a significant technical problem that arose during a project and what problem solving steps you took to deal with it?
• What steps did you take in the closing phase of the last major project you worked on?
• In addition to your nominated referees – who else could we contact who could comment on your ability to positively manage client relationships?
Any interview question that you ask needs to be relevant and connected to evaluating the candidate against the position requirements.
If your company is considering some in-house project management training, then have a look at Project Management Course Melbourne(url http://performancedevelopment.com.au)
Courtesy : http://performancedevelopment.com.au/Projectmanagerinterviewquestions.htm